Rural Healthy Eating Active Living (RHEAL)
The RHEAL Program encourages active recreation programming in rural or First Nations communities and for programs that target an underserved population. With RPAY's assistance and grants, local leaders offer unique recreation activities suited to their community's needs and interests.
The RHEAL Program supports active recreation programming that meets the guidelines; takes place over the fall and winter and/or outdoors; includes regular sessions at least once per week for at least two months; and is led by a local individual who has related expertise and/or certification.
Applications are accepted from organizations and individuals three times each year before the deadlines:
- April 1st
- September 1st
- December 1st
Let us help you to make a positive impact in your community through the RHEAL Program!
Follow Steps 1 and 2 to apply to the RHEAL Program.
Successful applicants follow Steps 3 and 4 to run and report on their program.
All applicants will be notified within 4 weeks of the deadline.
RHEAL Leaders tell us...
Participants have commented on experiencing less pain and more mobility in every day tasks. Have had consistent attendance. Most everyone also stays for coffee afterward adding a deeper social component to the classes.
Thank you so much for providing these opportunities. It makes a great difference having consistent free programs that promote good health and physical wellbeing in our community.
All participant guardians have stated that screen time usage is down as a result of this physically active RHEAL program.
Step 1: EXPLORE
- Carefully read the Program Overview to learn about the program and its guidelines.
- Confirm that you are eligible to apply as an organization or individual.
- Prepare a program plan and budget.
Step 2: APPLY
- If applying for the first time or for a new program, contact us to chat about your program plan and budget.
- Read the RHEAL Program Application to find out what type of information must be included in an application.
- Submit your RHEAL Program application online by the deadline. Upload or email supporting documents.
Step 3: DELIVER
- Review the terms of your funding agreement (organizations) or contract (individuals) if your application is approved.
- Prepare for and run the program as agreed. Contact RPAY if plans or circumstances change.
- Keep a record of program activities, participation, participant feedback, and expenses.
Step 4: REPORT
Deadlines to apply are April 1, September 1, December 1
Missed a deadline? Please reach out anyway as we may still be able to offer some support.
170 Titanium Way
tel: (867) 668-3010
fax: (867) 668-2455
Toll free: 1-866-961-WALK (9255)
We respectfully acknowledge that we work within the traditional territory of the people of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the Ta'an Kwäch'än Council.